Skip to main content
There is a new local magazine being distributed for free in New Orleans. It's supposed to be a fashion magazine for the men of the city. Painfully light on content, heavy on the advertising. Another pile of paper is clamoring for my attention. I support the
idea of creating new things for people to read. I support the independent press and the circulation of new ideas. I have no use,
however, for more propaganda for shopping culture. I would say that our mental space has enough advertising in it already.
Our heads are full.

I am very fortunate to make a good salary and be someplace where the cost of living is not too high. I really don't need very much
that I don't have already. I am tired of everyone telling me I need more stuff. This system keeps us in jobs we don't like, doing
things we don't agree with and living out of balance with our nature.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you give me six lines written by the most honest man, I will find something in them to hang him. -Cardinal Richelieu, or some neighborhood associations
Friday night: a visit to Ninja Cafe, where the waitress was very skeptical of my knowledge of Japanese. Then, we went to dba and had a few cocktails with the owner of some New Orleans websites for those with prurient interests. On Saturday, I worked on the pond, getting proper filtration set up for it. This will give us the opportunity to add more fish to it. On Saturday evening, I roasted garlic and we made some drinks with Red Bull and then we visited Rese and Kenneth in Rese's tony Henderson condo .