Update: Teen burned imitating MTV stunt
TORRINGTON, Conn. (AP) - The father of a 13-year-old boy, hospitalized with second- and third-degree burns after mimicking an MTV personality who set himself on fire during a stunt show, blames the network for his son's injuries. Jason Lind was severely burned Friday night when he and a friend poured gasoline on his feet and legs and lit him on fire while imitating a stunt on MTV's high-rated show "Jackass," police said. The fire grew out of control and burned the boy's legs and hands before it was extinguished, officials said. Jason remained hospitalized Monday in critical condition in the burn unit of Shriner's Hospital for Children in Boston. The MTV program also drew fire from Democratic Connecticut Sen. Joe Lieberman, an outspoken critic of media violence. Jason's 14-year-old friend was arrested Saturday and charged with reckless endangerment. Police would not identify the suspect because he is a juvenile. Another teen who looked on was not charged.
Who's a bigger idiot, the teen or the father? You decide. Maybe the title of the show should have been a clue.